Position: Adult Mental Health Therapist
Primary Location: Bracebridge
Reporting to: Director of Programs & Quality
The role of the Adult Mental Health Therapist is to work with other interdisciplinary team members of Cottage Country Family Health Team (CCFHT) delivering a range of mental health services for individuals (ages 18 and over) who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues.
- MSW or equivalent
- Registered and a member in good standing of the appropriate regulatory college
- Minimum 5 years of experience delivering a range of adult mental health therapy services
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience providing therapy to couples is an asset and should be highlighted in application
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assess patients and determine most appropriate treatment plan
- Obtain proper consent to collect and share information
- Establish, implement and coordinate service care plans to meet patient needs
- Provide individual counseling and psychotherapy
- Facilitate interventions to assist patients to restore, maintain and enhance emotional and social functioning, support coping abilities and alleviate stressors
- Establish linkages to community resources
- Document all patient related information using CCFHT guidelines/protocols
- Facilitate case conferences and multidisciplinary meetings as required
- Help clients to identify and use health resources within the community and CCFHT
- Involve clients in decisions about their own health
- Initiate health education and other activities that assist, promote and support clients as they strive to achieve the highest possible level of health
Compensation: annual salary between $70,000 – $74,000 based on experience, comprehensive benefits package, and participation in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to: Amy Fraser, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 27, 2022.
Cottage Country Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.