Patient Feedback Policy
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The purpose of this Policy is to implement a process for individuals to provide feedback on how CCFHT provides programs and services to people with disabilities, responds to any feedback and takes action on any complaints/suggestions, as required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. Feedback from our clients/patients gives CCFHT opportunities to learn, improve and acknowledge performance. This Policy applies to all CCFHT employees.
Cottage Country Family Health Team welcomes feedback in the spirit of continuously improving care and access to care. CCFHT has a goal to meet and surpass expectations of all patients/visitors including those with disabilities. The feedback process specifies the actions that CCFHT will take if a patient, visitor, or employee expresses a concern about access to or the quality of CCFHT programs and services.
All feedback will be reviewed and forwarded to the Executive Director at CCFHT for followup. Feedback may be given by telephone, in writing, in electronic format or through other methods. Feedback forms are available in CCFHT offices.
If a patient has an issue/concern/complaint, they should try to speak with appropriate members of their healthcare team as soon as reasonably possible. If a patient is unable to resolve the issue/concern/complaint in this way, they should take the following steps:
- Complete a Patient Feedback form, or speak directly with the Executive Director in person or by phone, or send an e-mail to email@example.com, or use another appropriate communication method. Patient Feedback can be mailed to:
Lorraine Johnston, Executive Director
205 Hiram St. Suite
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 2C1
- Paper copies of the feedback form are available at each site and available to download from the Cottage Country Family Health Team website: www.ccfht.ca
- Once received, the feedback or complaint will be reviewed and forwarded to the Executive Director.
- In order to address concerns, the Executive Director may review the complaint with the appropriate healthcare team member and ask him/her to provide input to a written response. The Executive Director may also arrange to meet with the provider of feedback regarding the concern.
- All complaints will be thoroughly investigated and a written response sent to the provider of feedback within 30 days of receipt (followed up with a phone call).
- Because all medical information is confidential, consent will be obtained from complainants if patient confidential medical information is required to address the concern. Complaints and complaint responses will not become part of a patient’s electronic medical record.
- The Cottage Country Family Health Team Executive Director will provide a summary report of complaints to the Board. This summary report will not contain patients’ personal information. When all information is reviewed, Cottage Country Family Health Team may decide to do one of the following:
- Take no further action if the care provided was appropriate.
- Remind, counsel, or provide training for a healthcare team member if the Executive Director believes the team member would benefit from some advice, direction, or training.
- Refer concerns to Cottage Country Family Health Team’s Lead Physician for further review.
- Decide not to investigate because the complaint is made in bad faith or is an abuse of process.